Some Productivity Tips
Don’t be a Slave to Your E-Mail:
- When you start your day don’t open your e-mail unless your most important task of the day needs information that’s supposed to be in your inbox today.
- If possible, turn off all e-mail notifications including popups and chimes. They’re distracting and probably not essential to the work at hand.
- Don’t read your e-mail more than two or three times a day unless your job success is highly dependent upon it. Try to read your messages at periods of low energy.
- When reading your messages do one of the following until your inbox is empty:
- Reply if the reply is short.
- If the reply takes more than a few sentences, call the sender and resolve the message.
- Walk to the sender’s office for a short meeting to resolve the message (this is great exercise).
- File it for reference.
- Delete it.