- A laptop or desktop computer. Obviously laptops provide more flexibility. Mobile devices like phones or tablets can be helpful, but may not be sufficient to complete coursework.
- A reliable high-speed internet connection.
- The Chrome Browser. Firefox is also good, too. Both are free.
- A webcam. Laptops typically include one, but you'll need to purchase one if you are using a desktop PC. We recommend one like this.
- A USB headset. Here's a good example. This combines both speakers and a microphone in a package that blocks out a lot of surrounding noise. But you can use any combination of speakers and microphone you'd like. Be aware that laptop speakers and microphones can be good, but do not provide privacy, and pick up a lot of background noise.