At Canisius College, Listprocs, or automated email lists are created each semester for use by faculty, administrators and staff. These make emailing categories of students more efficient. Sending to a single email address effectively sends a particular email to all individuals within that list.
Each semester, listprocs are populated or updated by the first day of class. Listprocs become unavailable after the last day of Final Exams.
Each Fall & Spring semester, ITS automatically creates "Class Listprocs" for all active classes.
Class Listprocs for Summer are only created if an instructor makes the request.
These lists are populated nightly based upon Banner enrollment data.
The format of the list name is: "AAA[A]111B[BB]"
- Items shown in [brackets] indicate optional characters.
- AAA[A] = subject code typically 3-letters but there are some 4-letter codes
- 111 = 3-digit course number (not to be confused with the 5-digit CRN)
- B[BB] = section code typically 1-letter but there are some 3-letter codes
- listproc for Accounting 101 Section A = email@example.com
- listproc for Adolescence Education 534 Section ONL = firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: All class listprocs are configured to only accept email from students and instructors associated with that class. Changes to this configuration are handled via the Help Desk and require permission from the instructor(s) or Dean's office.
Other Student Listprocs
Faculty and Staff Listprocs
Certain listprocs containing faculty and staff are maintained for use by faculty, staff, and adminstrators. These are moderated, which means an officer is assigned for each listproc, to approve any email before it is sent to individuals on the list.